Monday, June 04, 2007

Presumed Innocent sequel

A news report says Scott Turow is working on a sequel to Presumed Innocent, one of my favorite novels:

"I got the idea a couple of years ago when I was working on a serialized book for The New York Times," explained Turow at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. "I had this image of a man sitting on a bed, near the body of a dead woman. And then I realized, 'Wait a minute, that guy on the bed is Rusty Sabich!' And that's how I began the new book." ...

"I've gotten a lot of correspondence saying that `Presumed Innocent' was an epochal event in the reader's life," Turow said, adding that the new novel, currently untitled, would probably not come out before the summer of 2009.

Read the whole news report here.

I would quibble that Burden of Proof was a sequel to "Presumed Innocent." "Burden" is about Sandy Stern, Rusty Sabich's defense attorney, who was so memorably portrayed by Raul Julia in the movie of the novel. I loved that one two. Every couple of years I re-read those novels, just for fun.

No comments: