Sunday, June 17, 2007

Homeless library users

Many homeless people use the libraries in Tampa, and I wanted to talk to some of them and see what they read and what they think of the local libraries. I ended up writing a profile for the paper of a woman I got to know in Clearwater, a nearby city.
You can read my story via this link here.
Just last week, USA Today had a story about how some libraries are offering specific service to homeless people. I didn't find anything like these programs going on in our area, but I sure would like to write about it happens. Read the USA Today story here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the homeless and angie
is the smartest journalist, more coverage of the homeless please.......this ancient teacher talked about throwing a party only for crippled, lame, homeless..cuz they cant repay like rich folk and relatives can...yeah angie, you are an angel