Thursday, August 14, 2008

Swimming shows of yesteryear

And now for a rare break from the world of reading. My spouse and I were watching the Olympics and marveling over half-man half-fish Michael Phelps. It got us to thinking about extraordinary swimming abilities, and, strangely, the TV shows of our youth.
I was reminded of the great and all-too-brief '70s show, "The Man from Atlantis," starring Patrick Duffy.
To wit:

My spouse, though, is a bit older than me, a gap that looms large in matters of pop culture. His childhood memories are engraved by "Sea Hunt," starring Lloyd Bridges.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I watched some footage of Phelps, and all he does is eat, swim, and sleep. Apparently he has no wish to do anything else, since he plans to keep living like this at least through the next Olympics. I could never do it. I hate chlorine.--K