Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mister Pip, a book trip, and making the tough calls

I'm going out of town this weekend, so I'll get some blissful airport reading time. The book is my current book group selection, Mister Pip, by Lloyd Jones. This is about a tropical island shattered by war, where the last Westerner remaining teaches the school children by reading Charles Dickens' Great Expectations.
When I get back from this trip, I need to do a serious catalog of all the books I've bought recently that I haven't yet read. I'll admit that my book buying has momentarily gotten a little bit out of hand. I have some really good books that I need to read. Hopefully I will rank these books to help myself decide what to read next, and I'll post the list here.
I badly need to do this before the annual book sale or things will get completely out of hand and there will be books all over the floor because the book shelves are all full.

No comments: