Friday, July 20, 2007

Thoughts before reading Harry Potter

About 2 and a half hours from now, I'll pick up my copy of the last Harry Potter book. I'm guessing I will finish it by Sunday night. What a wonderful trip it's been! My sister introduced me to HP right around the time Prisoner of Azkaban came out in 1999. Seven years later, these books have brought a lot of happiness to my life. There's something so fun about a series, and J.K. Rowling hit all the right notes.
My personal predictions -- no spoilers here, these are just guesses -- are that Harry lives, Voldemort dies, Snape is good, Dumbledore does not return. Harry ends up with Ginny, and Hermione ends up with Ron, and they all live happily ever after. Who will die? I hate to say it but I think it's Mrs. Weasley and Hagrid.
I'm most worried that we won't get sufficient back-story on Lily Evans and Neville Longbottum. I'd also love to know more about Dumbledore's early life, but I'm not holding my breath for it. I also wonder what will happen to Draco Malfoy.
OK, that's it! I've got to get ready ...

No comments: