Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The new Dave Eggers book

I got a new book in the mail today. It's "Zeitoun," by Dave Eggers, and it's about a Syrian-American family that survived Katrina. I'm very excited to read it because I so loved his last book, What is the What. I'm also excited because I ordered it directly from McSweeney's, Mr. Eggers' book company. It will probably be published jointly with a major publishing house, but the editions from McSweeney's are always a little unique or special with their binding or their art work. I still love those kinds of details.

I feel like a bit of a slacker on blog posts recently. I'm still slowly reading Brothers Karamazov. I'm also trying to not spend so much time mindlessly clicking around the computer, surfing the Internet, so that leads to fewer blog posts. It's not a snooty intellectual thing; it's just a time management issue. I've been trying to go to bed early, slow down and de-stress, etc etc etc.
Still, I don't want to stop this blog for the (mainly) friends and family who read it. One day in the golden future I will post more regularly, with perfectly search-engine-optimized headlines, and make a name for spoonreader throughout the land. But not today.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

spoonreader writes for the "fit though few"! : )