Saturday, February 24, 2007

Harry Potter in 2007

I know I'm super late on posting this, but I am so thrilled that the last Harry Potter book will be published this year on July 21, less than 150 days away as of this writing. (You can check the countdown on mighty Mugglenet's homepage.) I was really worried that it wouldn't come out until 2008.
These books are fanciful and funny, and impossible to put down. Each chapter ends in a way specially designed to irresistibly (literally!) lure you on, until you've fin shed the whole darn thing. In some ways, they are like literary heroin. They get a powerful grip on you.
I made a pact with myself after seeing the third Harry Potter movie (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which was quite good) that I wouldn't watch anymore of the movies until I had finished reading the whole series. I don't like the movie images in my head when I read the books. So far, so good.

No comments: