Thursday, November 11, 2004

Librarian Humor

Someone on the librarians' email group that I subscribe to put this together. It made me chuckle ...

I must admit, there have been times I’ve had a difficult time keeping a straight face at the reference desk because of off-the-wall questions, but it’s important that one does. It’s a true test of librarian diplomacy to treat each and every question respectfully, even off-the-wall ones.

Weird Questions Asked of Librarians:

"Do you have a list of all the books written in the English language?"

"I was here about three weeks ago looking at a cookbook that cost $39.95. Do you know which one it is?"

"Can you tell me why so many famous Civil War battles were fought on National Park sites?"

"Do you have any books with photographs of dinosaurs?"

"I need a photocopy of Abraham Lincoln's birth certificate."

"Do you have a list of all the books I've ever read?"


No comments: